Atalanta and Lazio will meet in Bergamo for the second time in just four days, following on from their midweek Coppa Italia clash with a
Atalanta and Lazio will meet in Bergamo for the second time in just four days, following on from their midweek Coppa Italia clash with a Serie A showdown on Sunday at 2pm (UK time).
Gian Piero Gasperini’s side rarely do non-events and Wednesday’s quarter-final clash between these two clubs was no exception, with a five-goal thriller going in favour of 10-man Atalanta. But, attentions must now return to Serie A, with Atalanta and Lazio both pushing for a top-four finish.
How to live stream Atalanta vs Lazio online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Atalanta vs Lazio live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (14:00, 29/01/21).
Where to watch Atalanta vs Lazio on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 1
- US: ESPN2
Scoreline prediction: Atalanta 2-1 Lazio
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Atalanta vs Lazio build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
At times Atalanta’s season has threatened to derail after they collected just one win from six Serie A games between mid-October and November, including three defeats in that time, as well as the well-documented bust-up between talisman Papu Gomez and Gasperini, which culminated in the former’s departure to Sevilla earlier this week.
However, The Goddess have since recaptured their scintillating form from last season and are now firmly back in the top-four conversation, sitting level on points with current Scudetto holders Juventus, who occupy the final Champions League qualification place, and have booked a ticket in the Coppa Italia semi-finals.
Lazio likewise had a difficult start to the season, winning just one of their opining four matches, but Simone Inzaghi’s side are currently enjoying a four-game winning run and could leapfrog Atalanta with three points this weekend. The capital club will also be desperate to avenge Wednesday’s Coppa Italia collapse.
- Atalanta (vs Lazio): Gollini; Djimsiti, Romero, Palomino; Maehle, Pessina, Freuler, Gosens; Miranchuk, Malinovskiy, Muriel.
- Lazio (vs Atalanta): Reina; Patric, Hoedt, Acerbi; Marusic, Akpa-Akpro, Escalante, Milinkovic-Savic, Fares; Pereira, Muriqi.
Robin Gosens is suspended after collecting his fifth yellow card of the season in the AC Milan win last time out. The Germany international is joined by long-term absentee Mario Pasalic on the sidelines — who has since returned to training — as well as Hans Hateboer and Bosko Sutalo, with the former struggling to shake off an ankle agitation sustained in the Milan game.
18+ only. UK residents only. All winnings are credited in cash and can be withdrawn. Deposit £20 to £100 to receive free bets matching deposit. Free bets credited as four equal free bets. The qualifying bet must have odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater. The qualifying period runs for 7 days from the date of registration. Standard BetBull General Promotions Rules Apply. Standard BetBull Terms & Conditions Apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Atalanta: With Papu Gomez now out of the Atalanta equation, Gasperini will need a new creative fulcrum and goalscoring threat in the final third. The Argentine was not only the creative hub of Gasperini’s system, but also a potent weapon in front of goal. In Luis Muriel, Atalanta have a player who may not be able to replicate the ridiculous assist tally of Gomez, but can prove just as threatening in attack. So far this season, the Colombian forward is Atanalta’s most productive player with 13 direct contributions (11 goals, two assists), having only started six games. In fact, he has the highest goal to Expected Goals (xG) difference in Serie A this season (+4.4 – 11 goals from 6.6 xG).
- Lazio: Regarding the above statistic, in second and third respectively for that are Lazio’s Ciro Immobile (+4.3) and Luis Alberto (+3.5). The former has carried over his prolific form from last season, in which he netted 36 Serie A goals and clinched the Capocannoniere for top scorer in 2019/20. That was the second of two ‘Golden Boot’ accolades he has collected in the Italian top flight and he is on course for a third. Only Cristiano Ronaldo (15) has netted more goals than Immobile (13) in Serie A this term.
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Atalanta: WDDWW
- Lazio: WWWWD
More live stream options: