Atalanta host Genoa for a Serie A showdown at the Gewiss Stadium on Sunday evening (5pm kick-off, UK time). The hosts are slowly climbing up
Atalanta host Genoa for a Serie A showdown at the Gewiss Stadium on Sunday evening (5pm kick-off, UK time).
The hosts are slowly climbing up the league table after initially struggling this season, while their visitors are sitting perilously above the drop zone.
How to live stream Atalanta vs Genoa online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Atalanta vs Genoa live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (12:00, 15/01/21).
Where to watch Sampdoria vs Udinese on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 1
- US: ESPN+
Scoreline prediction: Atalanta 3-1 Genoa
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Atalanta vs Genoa build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Across the past two seasons, no Serie A team excited neutrals more than Atalanta, who’ve firmly established themselves as a Champions League side. For a while in 2020/21, it seemed their bubble was about to burst with indifferent on-field performances being coupled with murmurings of a rift between manager Gian Piero Gasperini and talismanic captain Papu Gomez but that now seems to be behind them. A run of three consecutive league wins sees them back in the mix for a top-four finish. Atalanta head into round 18 sitting in fifth and two points behind champions Juventus who occupy fourth spot. They’re back to being formidable at home with success on Sunday stretching their winning streak to five matches.
A tall order for Genoa though on their last Serie A outing they ended a two-match winless streak by running out 2-0 winners over Bologna; however, it still leaves them sitting a place above the relegation zone just two points clear. On the road this season they’ve been less than stellar, winning just one of their past eight away games ahead of this weekend. The remaining games saw them losing four times, which included a humbling 6-0 loss against Napoli.
- Atalanta (vs Cagliari): Sportiello; Sutalo, Romero, Djimsiti; Mæhle, Pessina*, Freluer, Gosens; Miranchuk, Malinovskyi; Muriel.
- Genoa (vs Juventus): Paleari; Goldaniga, Bani, Dumbravanu; Ghiglione, Rovella, Lerager, Melegoni, Czyborra; Scamacca, Pjaca.
Matteo Pessina has been ruled out of this weekend’s game, joining Mario Pasalic on the sidelines. Cristian Zapata is out with an Achilles injury and he’s one of five Genoa players missing from their matchday squad. Federico Marchetti, Luca Pellegrini, Davide Biraschi and Francesco Cassata also sit this game out.
18+ only. UK residents only. All winnings are credited in cash and can be withdrawn. Deposit £20 to £100 to receive free bets matching deposit. Free bets credited as four equal free bets. The qualifying bet must have odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater. The qualifying period runs for 7 days from the date of registration. Standard BetBull General Promotions Rules Apply. Standard BetBull Terms & Conditions Apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Atalanta: It’s been a fascinating season for Luis Muriel who, despite featuring 15 times for Atalanta in Serie A, hasn’t once completed the full 90 minutes. Of those outings, he’s started on five occasions and to say he’s maximised those minutes is an understatement. Muriel across his five appearances, totalling 200 minutes, registered four goals, but it’s what he’s producing at the moment that is capturing the imagination. Muriel has now scored in five consecutive matches (six goals), despite averaging 34.8 minutes per game, a streak that is only bettered by one Atalanta player in Italy’s top division since 1994/95 and that was compatriot Duván Zapata who managed to net in eight successive matches between December 2018 and January 2019. He also found the net in the Coppa Italia win over Cagliari.
- Genoa: Languishing near the relegation zone, Genoa have found it difficult to find the net this season, with only two teams scoring fewer goals than them in Serie A (Parma and Crotone). However, someone keeping up their end of the bargain is marksman Mattia Destro, who heads into the weekend on six goals for the campaign, with all but one of those coming in his last six league appearances. This is Destro’s best Serie A return since 2016/17 when he produced 11 goals under Roberto Donadoni at Bologna and, considering how Atalanta are prone to giving their opponents a sniff or two, he should fancy his chances of improving this present tally.
Serie A 2020/21 recent form:
- Atalanta: WWWDW
- Genoa: WLDWL
More live stream options: