Atalanta will look to continue their perfect start to the new Serie A season when they host Cagliari on Sunday at 11:30 AM (UK time).
Gian Piero Gasperini’s men have become one of the darlings of European football in recent years, using their high-octane brand of attacking football to become unlikely Champions League and Serie A contenders. And in the opening two games of this season, they’ve already swept aside Torino and a highly-fancied Lazio 4-2 and 4-1 respectively.
Atalanta face a Cagliari side still looking to register their first win of the campaign having fallen 2-0 to Lazio last time out after an opening-game draw with Sassuolo.
Where to watch Atalanta vs Cagliari on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 1
- US: ESPN 2
Where to live stream Atalanta vs Cagliari:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Atalanta vs Cagliari live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (03/10/2020, 12:15)
Atalanta & Cagliari’s previous line-ups:
- Atalanta (vs Lazio): Sportiello; Djimiti, Palomino, Toloi; Hateboer, Freuler, Pasalic, Gosens; Gomez, Malinovskiy; Zapata.
- Cagliari (vs Lazio): Cragno; Farago, Walukiewicz, Klavan, Lykogiannis; Nandez, Marin, Rog; Sottil, Simeone, Pedro.
Atalanta are without Aleksey Miranchuk, Pierluigi Gollini, Matteo Pessina, Cristiano Piccini and Josip Ilicic for the visit of Cagliari but Luis Muriel and Cristian Romero are likely to start.
Eusebio Di Francesco will be missing Gaston Pereiro and Luca Ceppitelli but Diego Godin could make his debut.
Players to watch:
- Atalanta: Gasperini’s side are a joy to watch but none of their fun and games would be possible without the attacking exploits of Alejandro ‘Papu’ Gomez. The diminutive Argentine has been on fire once again at the start of this season, registering more goals (3) and assists (2) than any other Atalanta player and it was his brace which sealed the deal last time out against Lazio. On his day, Gomez is one of the best and most underrated playmakers in Serie A but don’t for one second think that Cagliari will be underestimating him.
- Cagliari: While they weren’t the worst in Serie A, you couldn’t describe Cagliari as the most defensively sound team last season, and The Islanders kicked off this campaign with three goals conceded in two games. In that respect, Di Francesco will be pleased to see the arrival of legendary defender Diego Godin. The Uruguayan might be 34, but he has absolute bucket loads of experience to offer at the heart of Cagliari’s defence and he proved he still has what it takes to make a difference at the top last season, ranking third at Inter for aerial duels won (60), tackles (38), interceptions (44) and clearances (57) in Serie A, while helping Antonio Conte’s men reach the Europa League final before losing to Sevilla. If he starts, Godin could be in for a busy day against this talented Atalanta side.