Atalanta must bounce back from a heavy defeat in Serie A last weekend when they host Sampdoria on Saturday at 2pm.
Atalanta XI: Sportiello; Sutalo, Palomino, Djimsiti; Depaoli, Pasalic, De Roon, Mojica; Gomez; Ilicic, Lammers.
Sampdoria XI: Audero; Bereszynski, Tonelli, Yoshida, Augello; Jankto, Thorsby, Ekdal, Damsgaard; Ramirez, Quagliarella.
Where to watch Atalanta vs Sampdoria on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 2
- US: ESPN Deportes+
Where to live stream Atalanta vs Sampdoria:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Atalanta vs Sampdoria live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15:45, 22/10/20).
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Atalanta vs Sampdoria build-up, pre-match team news & previous line-ups:
Gian Piero Gasperini’s side had been perfect in their opening three games but were routinely beaten 4-1 by Napoli, slipping to third, having previously topped the league early on.
They did, however, return to winning ways in the Champions League in midweek, beating FC Midtjylland 4-0 in their group opener and carrying that form back into Serie A will now be the aim.
Atalanta face a Sampdoria side sitting relatively comfortably in mid-table after their first four games, winning two and losing two, including a 3-0 win over Lazio last weekend.
The hosts are unbeaten in the past three Serie A meetings with Sampdoria, winning two and drawing once, their best run since December 1992. Will the good run continue?
- Atalanta (vs Midtjylland): Sportiello; Toloi, Djimsiti, Romero; Hateboer, Freuler, De Roon, Gosens; Gomez; Muriel, Zapata.
- Sampdoria (vs Lazio): Audero; Bereszynski, Yoshida, Tonelli, Augello; Thorsby, Ekdal; Candreva, Ramirez, Jankto; Quagliarella.
After playing in the Champions League in midweek, Atalanta could make a few changes to their starting XI to maintain freshness, with Josip Ilicic among those ready to come in. Pierluigi Gollini and Mattia Caldara remain out, while Ruslan Malinovskyi is a doubt.
Sampdoria, meanwhile, should be able to call upon Keita Balde once more after his absence with Manolo Gabbiadini their only absentee.
Players to watch:
- Atalanta: Josip Ilicic missed the start of the season due to personal reasons but returned to the Atalanta team last weekend. Although it didn’t exactly go to plan as Atalanta lost to Napoli, it was a promising start and he did make an impact from the bench against Midtjylland. It took Ilicic just 20 minutes after coming on to provide his first assist of the season in midweek, setting up Aleksey Miranchuk for the fourth in Atalanta’s win. If he starts alongside former Sampdoria striker Luis Muriel, Ilicic could be key to an important result, adding more firepower to Atalanta’s dangerous attack.
- Sampdoria: Fabio Quagliarella. Sampdoria will want to prove that they are not a one-man team, but this weekend they won’t go wrong with relying on Quagliarella. The ageless striker, who scored last weekend against Lazio, has a wonderful record against Atalanta, netting 11 goals against La Dea in Serie A. He only has a better record in the competition vs Fiorentina, against whom he has scored 12 goals. Quagliarella is also looking to move up the all-time top-scoring ranking, currently just one behind Giuseppe Savoldi in 15th.