Atalanta will look to get their stuttering season back on track when they host Inter Milan on Sunday at 2pm.
Gian Piero Gasperini’s men started the campaign in fine form, winning their opening three Serie A games but, since then, Atalanta have only tasted victory twice in six matches across all competitions.
Their latest setback came against Liverpool in the Champions League on Tuesday, succumbing to a 5-0 humbling at the hands of the Premier League champions as Jurgen Klopp’s men picked them off at will.
Things haven’t been any easier for Antonio Conte’s side, however, with Inter winning just one of their last seven matches across all competitions, a run which has left the Nerazzurri sixth in the table, a point behind Atalanta and five behind leaders AC Milan.
Atalanta and Inter represent two of Juventus’ closest title challengers in Serie A this season, so, which one of them will steady the ship and put their bad run behind them?
Where to watch Atalanta vs Inter Milan on TV:
- UK: Premier Sports 2
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Atalanta vs Inter Milan:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Atalanta vs Inter live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (06/11/2020, 15:00)
Atalanta & Inter Milan‘s previous line-ups:
- Atalanta (vs Liverpool): Sportiello; Toloi, Palomino, Djimsiti; Hateboer, Pasalic, Freuler, Mojica; Gomez; Muriel, Zapata.
- Inter Milan (vs Real Madrid): Handanovic; D’Ambrosio, De Vrij, Bastoni; Hakimi, Barella, Brozovic, Vidal, Young; Martinez, Perisic.
Robin Gosens and Marten de Roon are both doubtful due to injury while Gasperini will also be without Marco Carnesecchi and Mattia Caldara.
Romelu Lukaku and Stefano Sensi both remain sidelined with muscle injuries, though the former is fighting to be fit, while Matias Vecino is a doubt with an ongoing knee problem.
Players to watch:
- Atalanta: Gasperini’s side were easily brushed aside by Liverpool in midweek but one player who did try his level best for Atalanta was Duvan Zapata. The Colombian striker was a constant menace for the Italian side, delivering five of Atalanta’s nine shots on the night and even hitting the woodwork just after the hour mark. With two goals and two assists to his name already in Serie A this season, Zapata will be looking to make his mark once again this weekend.
- Inter Milan: Few moments better illustrated the frustrations of Lautaro Martinez this season better than his open-goal miss during Inter’s recent 0-0 draw with Shakhtar Donetsk, the fourth in a five-game goalless streak. However, the 23-year-old striker finally stopped the rot against Real Madrid in midweek, grabbing a goal and an assist as Inter suffered a narrow 3-2 defeat to the Spanish champions. Martinez netted 14 goals in Serie A alone last season, including one against Atalanta. Conte will hope the Argentina international’s confidence has now been restored with Lukaku still a doubt.