Arsenal will look to put an end to a four game winless streak as they welcome Burnley to the Emirates Stadium this Saturday afternoon.
Arsenal vs Burnley Best Bet
Recommended bet2:00 pm Sunday January 23
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- 7/5 Claim Here
Arsenal vs Burnley Match Info
Date: Sunday January 23rd 2022
Kick-off time: 2.00pm GMT
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Referee: David Coote
Arsenal vs Burnley odds
Arsenal vs Burnley: Match Odds
|Arsenal||4/11 with Bet365|
|Burnley||9/1 with Betfair|
|Draw||4/1 with Sky Bet|
Odds correct at the time of writing. 18+ Only. Terms and Conditions Apply.
Arsenal vs Burnley Head-to-Head Record
Last 4 matches
02 Feb 2020 – Burnley 0-0 Arsenal – Premier League
13 Dec 2020 – Arsenal 0-1 Burnley – Premier League
06 Mar 2021 – Burnley 1-1 Arsenal – Premier League
18 Sep 2021 – Burnley 0-1 Arsenal – Premier League
Full head-to-head record
Total head-to-head matches played: 112
Arsenal wins: 55
Burnley wins: 34
Arsenal vs Burnley: Betting Offer
CLAIM HERE. 18+ only. New customers only. Deposit £20 using Debit Card, bank transfer or Trustly. Up to your first £20 of losses will be refunded as CASH within 24 hours of qualifying bet having been settled. T&Cs apply.
Arsenal vs Burnley Stats
- Arsenal have lost just one of their last 18 league games against Burnley (W12 D5), though it did come in this exact fixture last season (0-1 thanks to a Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang own goal).
- Burnley have won five of their last nine Premier League games in London (D1 L3), having won just three of their first 30 visits to the capital in the competition (D4 L23).
- No side has conceded the first goal in fewer Premier League games than Arsenal this season (4). However, the Gunners are the only side to have lost 100% of their Premier League games when conceding first this term.
- Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka has been directly involved in a goal in each of his last five Premier League games, scoring four and assisting two in these matches. If he registers a goal or assist in this match, he’d be the youngest to do so in six consecutive appearances in the competition’s history (20 years 140 days).
- Martin Ødegaard has been involved in six goals in his last seven Premier League appearances for Arsenal (3 goals, 3 assists), two more than he had in his first 25 games in the competition (2 goals, 2 assists).
Stats provided by Opta
Arsenal vs Burnley Predictions
Arsenal’s start to 2022 has been difficult. While they were perhaps unlucky to lose to champions elect Manchester City earlier in the month, they’ve since been dumped out of both domestic cup competitions, falling to Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup Third Round before being defeated 0-2 by Liverpool in the EFL Cup semi-final.
Prior to the turn of the year, Mikel Arteta’s young stars had been excelling in the Premier League, earning comfortable and confident wins over the likes of Leeds United and Norwich City. They’ll be out to recapture that kind of form on Sunday afternoon.
The visitors to the Emirates Stadium this weekend are a Burnley side who will just be happy to be back out on the field. The Clarets haven’t played a league game since January 2nd and as a result, they’ve fallen into bottom place, though with several games in hand on the likes of Watford and Norwich, all is not lost.
Although the loss of striker Chris Wood to fellow relegation candidates Newcastle will hurt Sean Dyche, the Burnley boss will be much more concerned by the fact that you have to go as far back as October 30th to find his team’s last victory in any competition. They did win at the Emirates Stadium for the first time last year however, which does offer some encouragement.
Gabriel Martinelli became the first player to score 2+ goals and create 5+ chances for Arsenal in a single Premier League game since Alexis Sanchez at West Ham in December 2016 (3 goals & 5 chances created) during December’s win at Leeds. He has the best goals to minutes ratio of any player in the Gunners’ squad this season.
Games between these two sides have been low-scoring in recent seasons. None of the last four meetings between the two sides have seen more than two goals scored, so we anticipate another low-scoring affair. Arsenal should still come out on top though against a rusty Burnley outfit.
It may also be worth considering the card markets here. In just four games so far in 2022, Arsenal have already been shown three red cards. You can get a 18/5 on another sending off in this game with LiveScore Bet.
Arsenal vs Burnley Tips
- Gabriel Martinelli to score at any time @ 7/5 with Betfair
- Arsenal to win & under 3.5 goals @ 1/1 with Virgin Bet