Arsenal youngster Joe Willock has heaped praise on summer recruit Dani Ceballos, saying he’s getting better with every passing day.
The Real Madrid loanee joined the Gunners on a season-long loan earlier this summer after Zinedine Zidane deemed him surplus to requirements this campaign.
Ceballos a game-changer for Arsenal midfield? Five things to know…
- Ceballos was highly sought-after throughout the summer once Zidane made it clear he wasn’t in his plans.
- The 23-year-old shone as Spain clinched the European Under-21 Championship in June.
- As such, the likes of Man Utd and Spurs were credited with an interest prior to his move to Arsenal.
- Against Burnley, Ceballos completed four take-ones, created two goals and had a 90 per cent pass accuracy.
- Willock, who started alongside Ceballos on Saturday, has now spoken in awe-stricken terms about his ability.
His acquisition has been seen as quite the coup in north London, and it’s clear to see why, with the Spaniard providing both assists as his new club beat Burnley 2-1 at the weekend.
Unai Emery would certainly have been impressed, but it’s not just the top brass who are taking notice, with academy graduate Willock also impressed by what he has been seeing.
“Dani’s a top player,” said Willock, according to Goal. “We see it every day in training, he’s just brilliant. He’s very technical.
“He showed on Saturday how good he is going to be and what he will bring to the team. It was a good performance from him. He was top class.
“And every day he’s getting fitter, every day he’s getting better.”
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
“I believe in us”
Arsenal face an ominous trip to Anfield this weekend, but Willock believes his side possess the tactical know-how and skill to overcome European champions, Liverpool, and maintain their perfect start to the season.
He added: “Liverpool are a good side. Everyone knows that they won the Champions League [last season].
“But we believe in what we can do and our philosophy. We are going to stick by that, bring the game to them and see what happens. I believe in us.”