RB Leipzig will look to get back to winning ways and reinforce their Bundesliga title bid when they do battle with recently-resurgent Arminia Bielefeld on Friday at 7.30pm (UK time).
After a seven-match winning run between the end of January and the start of March, Julian Nagelsmann’s men were just halted last time out in a 1-1 draw with Eintracht Frankfurt, gifting Bayern Munich a chance to extend their lead at the summit to four points.
How to live stream Arminia Bielefeld vs RB Leipzig online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Arminia Bielefeld vs RB Leipzig live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (15:00, 16/03/21).
Where to watch Arminia Bielefeld vs RB Leipzig on TV:
- UK: BT Sport 3
- US: ESPN+
Scoreline prediction: Arminia Bielefeld 1-3 RB Leipzig
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Arminia Bielefeld vs RB Leipzig build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
It’s been a testing season for newly-promoted Arminia, who have circled the relegation drain for much of the campaign and recently parted ways with Uwe Neuhaus. That decision laid bare the ruthless and cut-throat nature of the modern dugout, but since his departure, Die Arminen have picked up results in two of their subsequent three games, including a 2-1 win over Bayer Leverkusen last time out, taking them away from the relegation trap door.
Leipzig meanwhile are looking up rather than down, hoping to thwart Bayern Munich’s stranglehold on the top-flight title, but as it stands, the Bavarians remain in the box seat to retain their crown, with Hansi Flick’s men boasting a four-point cushion between themselves and Die Roten Bullen in second.
- Arminia Bielefeld (vs Bayer Leverkusen): Ortega; Brunner, Pieper, Nilsson, Lucoqui*; Gebauer, Prietl, Maier, Okugawa; Klos, Doan.
- RB Leipzig (vs Eintracht Frankfurt): Gulasci; Mukiele, Upamecano*, Orban, Halstenberg; Haidara, Sabitzer, Forsberg, Kluivert; Sorloth, Poulsen.
Joan Simun Edmundsson, Reinhold Yabo and Jacob Barrett Laursen are all currently sidelined for the hosts, while Anderson Lucoqui is a doubt after withdrawing from the Leverkusen win with an injury. Nathan de Medina is also suspended.
For Leipzig, Konrad Laimer, Angelino and Dominik Szoboszlai are all absent, while Dayot Upamecano came off injured in the first half against Frankfurt and is now expected to face a short spell on the sidelines.
CLICK HERE to claim BetFair’s new customer offer. 18+ only. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
Players to watch:
- Arminia Bielefeld: As a left-footed, right-sided winger, Groningen were hoping that they had just discovered the new Arjen Robben when Ritsu Doan was plying his trade at Euroborg, and PSV obviously held a similar belief after they secured his services in 2019. Doan had a pretty inconclusive maiden campaign in Eindhoven last season, and so, he relocated to Arminia on loan this term, and he is just starting to come to the fore in Germany, recently bagging his fourth goal of the season in the 2-1 win over Leverkusen which, coupled with his two assists, makes him the club’s most productive player in 2020/21 (six direct goal contributions). If Arminia are to continue impressing in the post-Neuhaus era and stave off the threat of relegation, then Doan’s involvement will be key to that end.
- RB Leipzig: Few would of had the foresight to predict that Alexander Sorloth would have been donning the colours of RB Leipzig this season after Crystal Palace sanctioned the towering Norwegian’s loan spell to Trabzonspor in 2019. However, such was Sorloth’s form in Turkey, where he netted 33 goals in 49 games across all competitions last season that Nagelsmann had no hesitation in taking the Palace outcast off Roy Hodgson’s hands in a £20m deal. Since relocating to Saxony, Sorloth has proven a useful, if not groundbreaking addition to Nagelsmann’s squad, bringing a new dimension the club’s frontline when called on and offering something a bit different to last season’s breakneck speedster in Timo Werner.
Bundesliga 2020/21 recent form:
- Arminia Bielefeld: WLDLL
- RB Leipzig: DWWWW
More live stream options: