Armando Izzo’s agent has named AS Roma as the “perfect” club for his client.
The Torino defender made more recoveries (252) and interceptions (86) than any Serie A defender last season, with his performances sparking links to Arsenal, Everton and Manchester United.
Izzo to Roma? Five key things to know…
- Izzo was one of Serie A’s top performing defenders last season.
- Full of confidence, he has claimed that Juventus’ Giorgio Chiellini is the only Italian defender better than him.
- Izzo’s 2018/19 form has seen him linked to Arsenal, Everton and Man Utd.
- But his agent has now named AS Roma as his “perfect club”.
- Roma are on the lookout for a centre-back having sold Kostas Manolas to Napoli.
Izzo has talked up his own ability over the summer, even going as far as claiming he is second only to Juventus’ Giorgio Chiellini among Italian defenders.
But despite the Premier League links, Izzo’s agent, Paolo Palermo, has invited Roma to lodge a bid for the 27-year-old, with the Giallorossi having recently lost star defender Kostas Manolas to Napoli.
“I don’t know about an offer from Roma,” Palermo told Tele Radio Stereo.
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
“The decision is Cairo’s, but the lad is 27 years old and if he has the chance to improve, I’ll do everything possible to let him take it.
“Izzo has worked hard and shown that he’s one of the best in his role in Europe. Indeed, I believe he’s among the best in our League.
“Regarding his €30m valuation, he must be evaluated for what he’s done so far and shown on the field. Therefore, he deserves a valuation of this kind.
“In my humble opinion, Roma would be the perfect team for Armando.”
Torino failed in their bid to secure European football last season, finishing seventh in Serie A, and given his brimming confidence, it is likely Izzo will jump at a chance to move should a bigger club make an offer for his services.