Argentina will look to get a foothold in Copa America Group B when they face Uruguay in Brasília on Saturday at 1am (UK time).
La Albiceleste could only manage a 1-1 draw with Chile in their opening match, while this is Uruguay’s first game of the tournament.
How to live stream Argentina vs Uruguay online:
Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those who are interested in streaming Argentina vs Uruguay live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘In-Play’ link at the top of the homepage and select your desired event.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (21:30, 17/06/21).
US & Canada: Those without a FuboTV account already can take advantage of their seven-day free trial (Ts&Cs apply) to watch Copa America by following this link.
Where to watch Argentina vs Uruguay on TV:
- UK: BBC Red Button
- US: TUDN & Fox Sports 2
Scoreline prediction: Argentina 2-2 Uruguay
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
Argentina vs Uruguay build-up, previous line-ups & injury news:
Despite taking the lead thanks to a superb Lionel Messi free-kick, Argentina couldn’t get over the line against Chile, with Eduardo Vargas pegging them back after the break to force a 1-1 draw. Though they’ve won Copa America 14 times, Argentina have famously failed to lift this trophy since 1993, but a win here against the record 15-time champions will certainly give them a strong platform to build their latest challenge.
Uruguay head into this match on a lacklustre run of form, winning just one of their last five outings (all in World Cup qualifying) and failing to find the net in their previous three games. But in Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani, La Celeste have enough firepower to go all the way in this tournament and will prove a worthy adversary for Argentina.
- Argentina (vs Chile): D. Martinez; Montiel, Lucas Martinez, Otamendia, Otamendia, Tagliafico; De Paul, Paredes, Lo Celso; Messi, Lautaro Martinez, Gonzalez.
- Uruguay (vs Venezuela): Muslera; Gonzalez, Gimenez, Godin, Caceres; Torreira; Torres, Vecino, Valverde, Rodriguez; Suarez.
Players to watch:
- Argentina: Though he often appears superhuman, Lionel Messi cannot do it all himself. He needs help. Coming into the Copa America off the back of a 17-goal Serie A season, with 11 strikes in 24 international caps so far, Lautaro Martinez is the man best-placed to provide that assistance. Martinez’s partnership with Romelu Lukaku was vital to Inter winning the title last season, with his pressing and link-up play complimenting the Belgian perfectly. And it’s those attributes Martinez needs to bring here to allow Messi to get to work on that stubborn Uruguayan defence.
- Uruguay: With no goals in their last three games, Uruguay will be overjoyed to have Edinson Cavani available once again. The 34-year-old proved that age is just a number with 17 goals across all competitions for Man Utd last season, with his unique blend of physicality and ruthlessness causing the opposition no end of trouble. Cavani is tied on 118 caps with Suarez, with the former scoring 51 goals and the latter 63 during that time. It’s a formidable strike partnership, even as they advance into their thirties. Cavani’s return changes the whole complexion of this Uruguay side, while enhancing everything good about Suarez.
More live stream options: