Tottenham boss Antonio Conte says he would relish a reunion with Christian Eriksen following their time together at Inter Milan.
The Italian made Eriksen a key part of Inter’s Scudetto-winning season in 2020/21, and he was linked with a move for the Danish playmaker in the summer.
Christian Eriksen news: How close was he to re-joining Spurs?
- Eriksen was linked with a move to Spurs in the summer, and Conte has revealed he was interested in signing him.
- The Italian has explained how he would ‘enjoy’ working with Eriksen again after their time together at Inter (click here for full quotes).
- The playmaker has recorded three assists in all competitions for Man Utd since returning to England.
- Spurs take on Man Utd in the Premier League on Wednesday and Sky Bet are offering 10/3 on BTTS and Man Utd win.
Eriksen left Brentford at the end of last season following his short deal in west London and was being heavily associated with a return to Tottenham.
However, the 30-year-old ultimately signed on a free transfer for Manchester United, and will now line up against Conte on Wednesday night.
When asked whether he was weighing up a reunion with Eriksen during the summer window, Conte responded: “Yes, but I think you know I don’t want to speak about players of other teams.
- Man Utd vs Tottenham: Betting tips, predictions, odds & match preview
- Man Utd v Tottenham live stream: How to watch Premier League online
“For sure, Christian is a player I enjoyed working with him, he is a player I would like to train again and have in my squad, but you know very well that the transfer market is very difficult.
“He made a big choice to go to United and sign [a contract] for three years. For him, I wish the best for him and for his family – apart from the game against us – [and] for the rest of the season to be the best on the pitch.
“Now it’s not important to tell you yes or no [on whether he came close to joining] but Christian was a player that every club tried to bring into the team.”