Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Marcin Bulka has revealed Angel Di Maria “hates” Manchester United, while also likening Kylian Mbappe to Brazil legend Ronaldo.
Di Maria, 32, relocated to Manchester United in 2014 but his time in the North West proved short-lived as the Argentine ace left after just one season.
Di Maria at Old Trafford: Five things to know…
- Following four years with Real Madrid, Di Maria joined Man Utd in a deal just shy of £60m.
- It was the highest fee ever paid by a British club at the time and he inherited the club’s illustrious No. 7 shirt.
- However, Di Maria’s ill-fated stint ultimately saw him shipped off to PSG after just one season.
- Many have since labelled Di Maria one of Man Utd’s worst-ever signings, such were the high levels of expectation upon him signing.
- Bulka has now revealed his current teammate even switches over television channels if Man Utd are on air.
It was an ill-fated move that has since seen Di Maria blame the club for forcing him to don the iconic No. 7 shirt, worn previously by the likes of David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo and George Best — despite his favoured No. 11 being available.
Moreover, tempers appeared to spill over during Di Maria’s return to Old Trafford in the Champions League last season, after he celebrated profusely following his assist to Presnel Kimpembe from a corner.
He then followed up during that last-16 encounter by pretending to drink from a bottle hurled towards him from the terraces. Naturally, Bulka says his teammate still harbours resentment towards the club.
“Di Maria hates Manchester United,’ Bulka told Polish YouTube channel Foot Truck.
“He has no good memory of the time he spent there.
“In fact, when something related to Manchester United appears on television, he changes the channel quickly.”
Subscribe to Squawka’s Youtube channel here.
Bulka: Mbappe similar to El Fenomeno
Turning his attention to another of his attacking teammates, Bulka was certainly not short of praise for French superstar Mbappe.
The World Cup winner is among the very best in the game at this present moment, but Bulka believes he showcases traits comparable with a legend from another time.
Bulka said: “He is a beast. When he accelerates there is nothing you can do.
“But he’s also a cool guy, only one year older than me which is weird because he’s already experienced so much and it feels like he has been around forever.
“He reminds me of Ronaldo (El Fenomeno), he has a very direct style of shooting.
“He also talks a lot, when I came to PSG, Meunier told me ‘He talks a lot, sometimes you can even ignore him because he is probably talking to himself’.”