NFC North foes meet when the Minnesota Vikings (5-6) visit the Detroit Lions (0-10-1) on Sunday, December 5, 2021 at Ford Field. Minnesota is favored by a touchdown. The over/under is 46.5 for this matchup.
Vikings vs Lions predictions
|Vikings (-7)||Under (46.5)||Vikings 30 Lions 17|
Last three results
Vikings recent betting insights
- Minnesota has two wins against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, over its past three games.
- In its past three games, Minnesota has gone over the total twice.
- The Vikings and their opponents have combined to score an average of 49.8 points over their last three games, 3.3 more than the 46.5 over/under in this matchup.
Lions recent betting insights
- Detroit is unbeaten against the spread and 0-3 overall in its last three contests.
- Detroit’s past three games have not gone over the total.
- The Lions total over the last three games is 4.5 points fewer than the 46.5 over/under given for this matchup.
Vikings vs Lions head-to-head
In the past five matchups between these two squads, Minnesota has a 5-0 advantage over Detroit. The Vikings and Lions are tied 1-1 against the spread in those games while going over the total both times. Minnesota scored 160 points in those five matchups compared to Detroit’s 101.
Vikings vs Lions betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite spread odds||Underdog spread odds||Total||Over total odds||Under total odds|
18+ only. New customers only. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
18+ only. Place 5 x €10 bets to get a €20 free bet . Repeat 5 times to get €100 in free bets. New customer offer. Place 5 x €10 or more bets to receive €20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum €100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
18+ only. New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. Full terms apply. BeGambleAware.
Vikings vs Lions betting insights
- Minnesota has covered the spread six times in 11 games with a set spread.
- The Vikings are winless against the spread when they are 7-point favorites or more (0-1).
- This season, six of Minnesota’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Vikings put up just 0.8 fewer points per game (25.5) than the Lions give up (26.3).
- When Minnesota scores more than 26.3 points, it is 6-0 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- The Vikings collect only 4.4 more yards per game (381.2) than the Lions give up per outing (376.8).
- In games that Minnesota churns out more than 376.8 yards, the team is 5-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
- Detroit has covered the spread nine times this year (9-4-0).
- The Lions have an ATS record of 6-1 when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- This season, Detroit’s games have hit the over three times out of 13 chances.
- This year the Lions put up 9.3 fewer points per game (15.8) than the Vikings surrender (25.1).
- The Lions rack up 77.8 fewer yards per game (305.1) than the Vikings give up per contest (382.9).
- Detroit is 3-0 against the spread and 0-2 overall when the team churns out more than 382.9 yards.
|269.1||Pass yards against||255.1|
|134.4||Rush yards against||133.9|
How to live stream Vikings vs Lions online
Bet365* are streaming a selection of games during the NFL 2021 season live for account holders. Those interested in watching NFL games live online can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Register’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund your account.
- Navigate to the ‘Live’ option at the top of the homepage and select your desired event with a play symbol next to it.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account or placed a bet in the last 24 hours, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of publication.
CLICK HERE to claim. 18+ only. New customers using Promo code H30 only. Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. Full terms apply. BeGambleAware.
Player betting tips
Vikings top players
- This season Kirk Cousins has 3,013 passing yards (273.9 yards per game) while going 275-for-406 (67.7%) and connecting on 23 touchdowns with three interceptions.
- Cousins has had a passing touchdown in all 11 games this season, with multiple passing TDs in eight of them.
- Dalvin Cook has rushed for a team-best 773 yards (70.3 YPG) and picked up four touchdowns. He also averages 18.4 receiving yards, hauling in 27 passes for 202 yards.
- Cook has run for a touchdown in four games this season, but has not scored more than one in a single game.
- Justin Jefferson has been targeted 98 times and has 67 catches, leading his team with 1,027 yards (93.4 ypg) while scoring six touchdowns.
- Jefferson has had a touchdown catch in five games this year, out of 11 games played, but has had multiple TD receptions only once.
|Name||Pass Yds||Pass TDs||Rush Yds||Rush TDs||Rec Yds||Rec TDs|
|Kirk Cousins||293.5 (-116)||2.5 (+107)||8.5 (-106)||–||–||–|
|Dalvin Cook||–||–||89.5 (-112)||–||22.5 (-110)||–|
|Justin Jefferson||–||–||0.5 (-148)||–||89.5 (-118)||–|
Lions top players
- Jared Goff has 2,280 passing yards (207.3 per game) with a 67.3% completion percentage (241-for-358), throwing for 10 touchdowns with six interceptions.
- D’Andre Swift has taken 140 carries for a team-leading 555 rushing yards (50.5 per game) while scoring four touchdowns. He’s also caught 56 passes for a team-high 429 yards with two touchdowns through the air.
- Jamaal Williams has 388 yards on 93 carries (35.3 yards per game), with two rushing touchdowns.
- T.J. Hockenson has reeled in 57 passes for a team best 534 yards and three touchdowns. He has been targeted 76 times, and averages 48.5 yards per game.
- Kalif Raymond has totaled 379 yards on 33 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 34.5 yards per game.
|Name||Pass Yds||Pass TDs||Rush Yds||Rush TDs||Rec Yds||Rec TDs|
|Jared Goff||229.5 (-114)||–||3.5 (-112)||–||–||–|
|D’Andre Swift||–||–||16.5 (-115)||–||11.5 (-109)||–|
|T.J. Hockenson||–||–||–||–||48.5 (-117)||–|
Powered by Data Skrive