The Houston Texans (1-1) are 8-point underdogs on Thursday, September 23, 2021 against the Carolina Panthers (2-0). The point total for the outing is set at 43.
Panthers vs Texans predictions
|Texans (+8)||Over (43)||Texans 26 Panthers 18|
Panthers vs Texans head-to-head
Carolina holds a 3-2 advantage over Houston in the last five meetings between these two squads. Carolina has had the upper hand scoring in those five matchups, totaling 99 points while Houston scored 88.
Panthers vs Texans betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite spread odds||Underdog spread odds||Total||Over total odds||Under total odds|
18+ only • Max Bet £5 • £10 deposit using promo code • Free bets are granted within 72 hours and expires after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & full T&C’s apply • BeGambleAware •
18+ only. New customers only. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
18+ only. Place 5 x €10 bets to get a €20 free bet . Repeat 5 times to get €100 in free bets. New customer offer. Place 5 x €10 or more bets to receive €20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum €100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
18+ only. New customers only. First single & e/w bet only. Odds of 1/1 or greater. 2 x £10 bet tokens. Free bet stakes not included in returns. Free bets exclude virtuals. Free bets are non withdrawable. No free bet expiry. Eligibility restrictions and further T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org
Panthers vs Texans betting insights
- Carolina was 9-7-0 against the spread last year.
- Last year, seven of Carolina’s 16 games hit the over.
- Last year, the Panthers put up 7.1 fewer points per game (21.9) than the Texans allowed (29.0).
- When Carolina recorded over 29.0 points last season, it was 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- The Panthers averaged 67.3 fewer yards per game (349.5) than the Texans gave up per outing (416.8) last year.
- Carolina was 3-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall when the team churned out more than 416.8 yards last season.
- Houston covered the spread six times in 16 games last season.
- The Texans didn’t have a win ATS (0-1) as 8-point or larger underdogs last season.
- In 16 Houston games last season, eight of them went over the total.
- The Texans averaged 24.0 points per game last season, comparable to the 25.1 the Panthers gave up.
- Houston was 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall last season when the team put up more than 25.1 points.
- The Texans racked up 375.3 yards per game last season, just 15.2 more than the 360.1 the Panthers allowed per outing.
- When Houston totaled more than 360.1 yards last season, the team was 5-6 against the spread and 4-7 overall.
|251.5||Pass yards against||270.3|
|121.0||Rush yards against||160.3|
CLICK HERE to claim 888 Sport’s new customer offer • 18+ only • Min deposit £/€/$10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/€/$10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Free Bets are credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes are not included in returns • Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days, wins are capped at £/€/$500 • To withdraw bonus/related wins, you must wager the bonus amount up to 40 times its value within 14 days • Casino Bonus expires after 60 days • Casino Bonus can be used on selected games in casino only • Restrictions apply to withdrawals, payment methods & countries & full T&Cs apply • BeGambleAware •
Player betting tips
Panthers top players
- Sam Darnold racked up 2,208 passing yards (138.0 per game) with a 59.6% completion percentage last year, while throwing for nine touchdowns with 11 interceptions. He also led his team with 217 rushing yards on 37 carries and two touchdowns.
- A season ago Christian McCaffrey racked up 225 rushing yards (22.5 per game) and scored five touchdowns.
- Last season D.J. Moore reeled in 66 passes for 1,193 yards (74.6 per game) while scoring four touchdowns.
- Robby Anderson tacked on 95 grabs for 1,096 yards and three touchdowns.
- Dan Arnold caught 31 passes for 438 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 27.4 yards per game.
- Haason Reddick boasted an impressive stat line of 12.5 sacks, 20.0 TFL and 83 tackles last year.
- Jeremy Chinn collected 166 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception over his last campaign.
- Last season, Donte Jackson grabbed three interceptions and added 46 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 11 passes defended.
|Name||Pass Yds||Pass TDs||Rush Yds||Rush TDs||Rec Yds||Rec TDs|
|Sam Darnold||511.00 (-231)||–||19.00 (-231)||–||–||–|
|Christian McCaffrey||–||–||158.00 (-229)||–||94.00 (-232)||–|
|D.J. Moore||–||–||2.5 (+112)||–||139.00 (-231)||–|
Texans top players
- Deshaun Watson threw for 4,823 yards while completing 70.2% of his passes last year, with 33 touchdowns and seven interceptions (301.4 yards per game). He also carried the ball 90 times for 444 yards and three TDs.
- David Johnson rushed for 691 yards on 147 carries (53.2 yards per game) and scored six touchdowns a season ago. He also averaged 24.2 receiving yards per game, grabbing 33 passes for 314 yards and two TDs.
- Last year Phillip Lindsay rushed for 502 yards on 118 carries (35.9 yards per game), with one rushing touchdown.
- Last year Brandin Cooks hauled in 81 passes for 1,150 yards (71.9 per game) and six touchdowns.
- Danny Amendola also contributed with 46 catches for 602 yards. He was targeted 69 times, and posted 37.6 receiving yards per game.
- Anthony Miller caught 49 passes on 76 targets for 485 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 30.3 receiving yards per game.
- DeMarcus Walker boasted an impressive stat line of 4.5 sacks, 4.5 TFL and 27 tackles.
- Zach Cunningham totaled 222 tackles, 7.5 TFL, and 3.0 sacks over his 2020 campaign.
- Last season Christian Kirksey grabbed two interceptions and added 108 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and four passes defended.
Powered by Dataskrive