The Houston Texans (0-0) are 3-point underdogs in a home AFC South matchup with the Jacksonville Jaguars (0-0) on Sunday, September 12, 2021 at NRG Stadium. A total of 44.5 points has been set for this matchup.
Jaguars vs Texans predictions
|Texans (+3)||Over (44.5)||Texans 32 Jaguars 20|
Jaguars vs Texans head-to-head
In the past five matchups between these two teams, Houston holds the edge with a 5-0 record over Jacksonville. The Jaguars and Texans are split 1-1 against the spread in those games while going over the point total on one occasion. Houston has had the upper hand scoring in those five matchups, totaling 116 points while Jacksonville scored 57.
Jaguars vs Texans betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite spread odds||Underdog spread odds||Total||Over total odds||Under total odds|
18+ only • Max Bet £5 • £10 deposit using promo code • Free bets are granted within 72 hours and expires after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & full T&C’s apply • BeGambleAware •
18+ only. New customers only. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
18+ only. Place 5 x €10 bets to get a €20 free bet . Repeat 5 times to get €100 in free bets. New customer offer. Place 5 x €10 or more bets to receive €20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum €100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
18+ only. New customers only. First single & e/w bet only. Odds of 1/1 or greater. 2 x £10 bet tokens. Free bet stakes not included in returns. Free bets exclude virtuals. Free bets are non withdrawable. No free bet expiry. Eligibility restrictions and further T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org
Jaguars vs Texans betting insights
- Against the spread, Jacksonville was 7-9-0 last year.
- Last year, eight of Jacksonville’s 16 games hit the over.
- The Jaguars averaged 9.9 fewer points per game (19.1) than the Texans surrendered (29) last season.
- The Jaguars collected 326.1 yards per game last year, 90.7 fewer yards than the 416.8 the Texans gave up per contest.
- In games that Jacksonville amassed more than 416.8 yards last season, the team was 1-1 against the spread and 0-2 overall.
- Houston was 6-10-0 against the spread last season.
- The Texans had an ATS record of 3-6 as underdogs of 3 points or greater last year.
- Last season, eight of Houston’s 16 games went over the point total.
- The Texans scored 6.8 fewer points per game (24) than the Jaguars gave up (30.8) last season.
- When Houston put up over 30.8 points last year, it was 2-2 against the spread and 1-3 overall.
- The Texans collected 42.4 fewer yards per game (375.3) than the Jaguars allowed (417.7) per contest last year.
- In games that Houston totaled more than 417.7 yards last season, the team was 3-1 against the spread and 1-3 overall.
|270.1||Pass yards against||270.3|
|153.3||Rush yards against||160.3|
CLICK HERE to claim 888 Sport’s new customer offer • 18+ only • Min deposit £/€/$10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/€/$10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Free Bets are credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes are not included in returns • Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days, wins are capped at £/€/$500 • To withdraw bonus/related wins, you must wager the bonus amount up to 40 times its value within 14 days • Casino Bonus expires after 60 days • Casino Bonus can be used on selected games in casino only • Restrictions apply to withdrawals, payment methods & countries & full T&Cs apply • BeGambleAware •
Player betting tips
Jaguars top players
- C.J. Beathard threw for 787 yards last season (49.2 yards per game) while completing 63.5% of his passes (66-of-104), with six touchdowns and zero interceptions.
- A season ago, James Robinson churned out 1,070 rushing yards (66.9 yards per game) and scored seven touchdowns. He added 49 catches for 344 yards (21.5 receiving yards per game) with three receiving touchdowns.
- Last season Carlos Hyde ran for 356 yards on 81 carries (22.3 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Last season, Marvin Jones Jr. was targeted 115 times and collected 76 catches for 978 yards (61.1 ypg) while scoring nine touchdowns.
- D.J. Chark also added 706 yards on 53 grabs and five touchdowns. He was targeted 93 times and put up 44.1 receiving yards per game last year.
- Laviska Shenault Jr. caught 58 passes on 79 targets for 600 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 37.5 yards per game last season.
- Dawuane Smoot showed out with an impressive stat line of 5.5 sacks, 5.5 TFL and 29 tackles last year.
- Myles Jack’s 2020 campaign saw him total 164 tackles, 7.5 TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- Last season, Shaquill Griffin grabbed three interceptions and added 73 tackles, two TFL, and 12 passes defended.
Texans top players
- Last year Deshaun Watson recorded 4,823 passing yards (301.4 yards per game) while going 382-for-544 (70.2% completion percentage) and throwing 33 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He tacked on 444 rushing yards on 90 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 27.8 yards per game.
- David Johnson took 147 attempts for 691 rushing yards a season ago (53.2 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns. He also caught 33 passes for 314 yards (24.2 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- Phillip Lindsay totaled 502 rushing yards on 118 carries (35.9 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground last season.
- Brandin Cooks reeled in 81 passes for 1,150 yards last season with six touchdowns. He was targeted 119 times, and averaged 71.9 yards per game.
- Anthony Miller’s stat line last year showed 49 catches for 485 yards and two touchdowns. He put up 30.3 receiving yards per game and was targeted 76 times.
- Last season Chris Conley caught 40 passes on 63 targets for 471 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 29.4 receiving yards per game.
- DeMarcus Walker had an impressive body of work a year ago, collecting 4.5 sacks, 4.5 TFL and 27 tackles.
- Over the course of his 2020 campaign, Zach Cunningham racked up 222 tackles, 7.5 TFL, and three sacks.
- Christian Kirksey picked off two passes and tacked on 108 tackles, three TFL, two sacks, and four passes defended last season.
Powered by Dataskrive