AFC West foes meet when the Kansas City Chiefs (1-1) host the Los Angeles Chargers (1-1) on Sunday, September 26, 2021 at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium. Kansas City is favored by 6.5 points. The total for this matchup has been set at 55.5 points.
Chiefs vs Chargers predictions
|Chiefs (-6.5)||Under (55.5)||Chiefs 55 Chargers -4|
Chiefs vs Chargers head-to-head
Kansas City holds a 3-2 advantage over Los Angeles in the last five meetings between these two squads. In those games against the Chiefs, the Chargers have a 2-0 record against the spread with those games eclipsing the total on one occasion. Kansas City has had the upper hand scoring in those five matchups, scoring 127 points while Los Angeles notched 125.
Chiefs vs Chargers betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite spread odds||Underdog spread odds||Total||Over total odds||Under total odds|
18+ only • Max Bet £5 • £10 deposit using promo code • Free bets are granted within 72 hours and expires after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & full T&C’s apply • BeGambleAware •
18+ only. New customers only. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
18+ only. Place 5 x €10 bets to get a €20 free bet . Repeat 5 times to get €100 in free bets. New customer offer. Place 5 x €10 or more bets to receive €20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum €100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.
18+ only. New customers only. First single & e/w bet only. Odds of 1/1 or greater. 2 x £10 bet tokens. Free bet stakes not included in returns. Free bets exclude virtuals. Free bets are non withdrawable. No free bet expiry. Eligibility restrictions and further T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org
Chiefs vs Chargers betting insights
- Kansas City’s record against the spread last season was 7-9-0.
- The Chiefs went 4-8 as 6.5-point favorites or more last year.
- In 16 Kansas City games last year, eight of them went over the total.
- The Chiefs scored 29.6 points per game last year, 3.0 more than the Chargers gave up per contest (26.6).
- When Kansas City scored over 26.6 points last year, it was 6-5 against the spread and 10-1 overall.
- The Chiefs averaged 72.4 more yards per game (415.8) than the Chargers allowed per contest (343.4) last season.
- When Kansas City amassed more than 343.4 yards last season, the team was 6-10 against the spread and 14-2 overall.
- Los Angeles covered the spread nine times in 16 games last season.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 6.5 points or more, the Chargers went 3-0 last season.
- Los Angeles had nine of its 16 games hit the over last season.
- Last season the Chargers racked up just 1.4 more points per game (24.0) than the Chiefs surrendered (22.6).
- When Los Angeles recorded more than 22.6 points last year, it was 5-3 against the spread and 4-4 overall.
- The Chargers collected 23.8 more yards per game (382.1) than the Chiefs gave up per outing (358.3) last season.
- When Los Angeles picked up more than 358.3 yards last year, the team was 5-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall.
|248.0||Pass yards against||232.2|
|122.1||Rush yards against||119.8|
Player betting tips
Chiefs top players
- Last season Patrick Mahomes II collected 4,740 passing yards (296.3 per game) while going 390-for-588 (66.3%) and throwing for 38 touchdowns with six interceptions. He tacked on 308 rushing yards on 62 carries with two touchdowns.
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire ran for 803 yards on 181 attempts (50.2 yards per game) and scored four touchdowns a season ago. He also averaged 18.6 receiving yards per game, grabbing 36 passes for 297 yards and one touchdown.
- Last year Jerick McKinnon rushed for 319 yards on 81 carries (19.9 yards per game), with five rushing touchdowns. McKinnon also helped out in the passing game, with 33 catches for 253 yards and one TD.
- Travis Kelce reeled in 105 passes for 1,416 yards last season and scored 11 touchdowns. He was targeted 145 times, and averaged 88.5 receiving yards.
- Tyreek Hill’s stat line last year showed 87 catches for 1,276 yards and 15 touchdowns. He put up 79.8 yards per game.
- Mecole Hardman caught 41 passes for 560 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 35.0 yards per game.
- Last season, Chris Jones racked up 7.5 sacks, 4.5 TFL and 49 tackles.
- Daniel Sorensen’s 2020 campaign saw him total 114 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three interceptions.
- Tyrann Mathieu intercepted six passes while adding 76 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and nine passes defended a season ago.
|Name||Pass Yds||Pass TDs||Rush Yds||Rush TDs||Rec Yds||Rec TDs|
|Patrick Mahomes II||309.5 (-116)||–||16.5 (-121)||–||–||–|
|Clyde Edwards-Helaire||–||–||59.5 (-117)||–||24.5 (-113)||–|
|Travis Kelce||–||–||–||–||88.5 (-112)||–|
Chargers top players
- Justin Herbert threw for 4,336 yards while completing 66.6% of his passes last season, with 31 touchdowns and 10 interceptions (271.0 yards per game). He also carried the ball 55 times for 234 yards and five TDs.
- Austin Ekeler took 116 carries for 530 rushing yards a season ago (53.0 per game) and scored one touchdown. He also caught 54 passes for 403 yards with two TDs through the air.
- Last year Joshua Kelley rushed for 354 yards on 111 carries (22.1 yards per game), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Keenan Allen reeled in 100 passes for 992 yards last year and scored eight touchdowns. He was targeted 147 times, and averaged 62.0 yards per game.
- Mike Williams’ stat line last season was 48 grabs for 756 yards and five touchdowns. He put up 47.3 receiving yards per game.
- Jalen Guyton caught 28 passes on 55 targets for 511 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 31.9 receiving yards per game.
- Joey Bosa showed out with an impressive stat line of 7.5 sacks, 14.5 TFL and 49 tackles.
- Over the course of his 2020 campaign, Kenneth Murray totaled 146 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack.
- Michael Davis intercepted three passes while adding 80 tackles, 2.5 TFL, and 14 passes defended a season ago.
Powered by Dataskrive