Ajax welcome FC Twente for an Eredivisie clash at the Johan Cruyff Arena on Saturday evening (7pm kick-off, UK time).
Erik ten Hag’s men currently sit atop the championship table with a two-point lead over second-place Vitesse and can make it seven consecutive league wins if they secure another victory.
They’ve been perfect at home so far, winning each of their five contests to date while registering 20 goals and conceding four times. Twente have the unenviable task of halting that streak but their form on the road is quite encouraging.
The former champions have won two of their four away games this season, their only loss so far coming at FC Utrecht (2-1). However, when it comes to leaving Ajax with all three points, that has only happened five times across 61 previous visits, the most recent coming in February 2005 when they came from a goal behind to win 2-1.
Can the Tukkers end this 15-year wait for another successful Amsterdam trip or will de Godenzonen maintain their 100% record at home?
Where to watch Ajax vs FC Twente on TV:
- UK: N/A
- US: ESPN+
Where to live stream Ajax vs FC Twente:
UK: Bet365* are streaming this match live for account holders. Those without a Bet365 account already who are interested in streaming Ajax vs FC Twente live can take advantage of this service by following the simple steps below.
- Click on this link.
- ‘Join now’ and enter details.
- Log in and fund the new account.
- Pick the desired event from among the ‘live now’ or ‘schedule’ sections in Bet365’s ‘live streaming’ category.
*Geo restrictions apply, 18+ only, must have a funded account, BeGambleAware. All odds and offers within this article are accurate at the time of writing (17:30, 03/12/20)
Ajax & FC Twente’s previous line-ups:
- Ajax (vs Liverpool): Onana; Mazraoui, Schuurs, Blind, Tagliafico; Álvarez, Klaassen, Gravenberch; Antony, Tadic, Neres*.
- FC Twente (vs RKC Waalwijk): Drommel; Ebuehi, Pleguezuelo, Pierie, Smal; Roemeratoe, Brama, Bosch; Cerny, Danilo, Dervisoglu.
Summer signing Mohammed Kudus remains sidelined for the hosts with a serious knee injury and he’s joined in the physio room by flying winger David Neres, who reportedly sustained a calf injury in the Liverpool defeat.
Twente head to Amsterdam missing the injured trio of Jayden Oosterwolde, Dario Dumic and Nathan Markelo, while former Ajax winger Queensy Menig is also sidelined.
Players to watch:
- Ajax: There’s no position more lonely than standing beneath the crossbar and Andre Onana experienced that first hand at Anfield earlier in the week. Ajax’s oft-reliable goalkeeper must have wanted the earth to swallow him up after misjudging the flight of Neco Williams cross; instead of coming for it, he allowed the ball to fly past him, but instead of it going out of play, Curtis Jones sneaked in to give Liverpool a 1-0 lead they would never relinquish. After that Champions League setback, Onana took full responsibility, and now all eyes will be on the Cameroonian shot-stopper. So far, he’s been excellent in this season’s Eredivisie after keeping six clean sheets across Ajax’s opening 10 matches, in which he conceded just five times. Can he keep another shutout this weekend?
- FC Twente: Saturday’s game could see a number of former (and current) Ajax players face the Dutch champions. One determined to shine is Czech winger, Vaclav Cerny, who registered four goals across 29 outings for the club, after being heralded as a future prospect. Strong competition for places ultimately saw Cerny seek pastures new, which included a move to FC Utrecht, where he’s currently on loan from. He’s been a revelation for Twente this season having bagged four goals, and the same number of assists, in 10 league appearances. He’s got the skills to cause Amsterdammers left-back Nicolas Tagliafico problems but the question is how often will the Enschede-based club be in possession to put theory into practice?
Eredivisie 2019/20 recent form:
- Ajax: WWWWW
- FC Twente: LDWWL
Scoreline prediction: Ajax 3-1 FC Twente
Compare football odds to get the best in the market using the Oddspedia tool below. Selecting a price will take you to the bookmaker’s sign-up page, where you can register, claim whatever welcome offer is available to new customers and place your bet. (18+ only, Be Gamble Aware)
More live stream options: