West Ham advised to accept £45m China bid for Marko Arnautovic

West Ham advised to accept £45m China bid for Marko Arnautovic

Ian Wright has urged West Ham United to sell wantaway forward Mark Arnautovic after the Londoners received an offer from an unnamed Chinese club.

The former Arsenal striker has said Arnautovic could become a “problem” if West Ham force him to stay beyond the end of the month.

Will West Ham sell Arnautovic? Five key things to know…

  1. An unnamed Chinese club lodged a £35 million bid for Arnautovic last week.
  2. The Austrian’s brother and agent revealed Arnautovic wants West Ham to accept the offer and allow him to leave for China.
  3. West Ham released a statement revealing they do not intend to lose their joint-top scorer this month.
  4. The Times claims the potential buyers are set to increase their offer to £45 million.
  5. Arnautovic is West Ham’s main striker and has scored eight goals so far this season – only Felipe Anderson (also 8) has scored as many.

Arnautovic left Stoke City on bad terms in 2017 when he joined West Ham United for a reported fee of £20 million.

And Wright thinks the 29-year-old could cause similar trouble at the London Stadium if a move to China isn’t sanctioned in the current transfer window.

“I think he’ll be a problem and I think that’s what’s happened at Stoke,” Wright said on BBC Radio 5live.

“I think he’s been a problem most of the places he’s been. He wants to go – I’d let him go.

“You could see the way he came off the pitch on Saturday, he’s gone, he wants to go and I would let him go because I think West Ham have got something going.

“You look at his pattern and it always seems to be a little bit abrasive when he’s leaving. When it’s to go it’s just bang, out. Abrasive.”

Could Wilson replace Arnautovic at West Ham?

According to Sky Sports, West Ham have already identified Callum Wilson as a possible replacement for Arnautovic should a deal happen.

Wilson has scored 10 goals across all competitions so far this season, two more than Arnautovic.

However, Cherries boss Eddie Howe has already ruled out the possibility of Bournemouth entertaining offers for Wilson this month.

“It’s just my opinion but I wouldn’t sell at any price,” Howe said. “But I’m the manager of the team, trying to create the best team I can.

“We desperately want to take the team forward and to do that, we have to keep our best players.”